2011年6月27日星期一

6 Jimmy Choo Union Leather Clogs

Jimmy Choo Union Leather Clogs

Tags: , , , , , , , , , Add a Comment Although I felt generally positive about Jimmy Choo's Shoes Fall 2011, things like the Jimmy Choo Union Leather Clogs make me wonder whether or not Tamara Mellon has truly lost the plot, so to speak
Although I felt generally positive about Jimmy Choo’s Shoes Fall 2011, things like the Jimmy Choo Union Leather Clogs make me wonder whether or not Tamara Mellon has truly lost the plot, so to speak, when it comes to design. Are there mushrooms growing out of these shoes, or do my eyes deceive me?It’s been a while since I looked at a pair of shoes and felt so bewildered as to how they even made it to retail in the first place. How does a design like this get OK’d?
As many of you have probably noticed, I prefer to write about things that I like than things that I don’t; highlighting the best in shoe design is much more pleasant than complaining about things that aren’t good. But sometimes taking a look at the less pleasing products of the industry is necessary, as it has been lately with Jimmy Choo shoes.
How is the decision made to stick random leather disks on a shoe that’s already the color of muck, and then haphazardly paint the edges of those disks in murky grey? Did no one on the Choo design team ever look at this shoe and think, “Hmm…fungus?” Because that’s all that comes to mind for me. I like the grain of the wood and the heft of the clog sole, but that’s easily overshadowed by the incomprehensible choices that were made above it.I love the Jimmy Choo Union Leather Clogs so much.

没有评论:

发表评论